Re-elect Dwayne Thompson
Democrat | TN State House of Representatives
• Dwayne has consistently supported legislation to:
• Provide great job opportunities and training programs after high school graduation,
• Support the governor's Re-Connect Act to let non-traditional students attend college or technical school tuition-free for up to 2 years,
• Support legislation to end the constant and ineffective testing of students and allow more classroom learning time, and
• Support teachers, the first line of learning in our schools.
• Our community suffers from a lack of good road and highway infrastructure.
• We need a voice in Nashville to secure funding to fix our traffic problems.
• Dwayne supported the governor's Improve Act to give long-term, sustainable funding for our State's roads and bridges.
• He also had the administration approve a project to improve the traffic congestion on Germantown Parkway at I-40.
• He is working to have the State of Tennessee support a third bridge across the Mississippi River, creating jobs in our area and supporting the business community.
• He will work towards more road improvements in the future.
We need to expand the availability of healthcare to as many Tennesseeans as possible by:
• Allowing hundreds of thousands of working people to have affordable healthcare.
• Halting the surge of hospital closures.
• Bringing our federal tax dollars back to Tennessee rather than sending them to other states.
• Helping to reduce the opioid crisis.
• Dwayne will support a reasonable bill to allow for physician-prescribed cannabis.
• He will support legislation to ensure that women and children have access to good healthcare.
Dwayne has supported making hard decisions to protect the public against the COVID-19 pandemic so that we can go back to everyday life and rebuild our economy.
Crime is much too high in our neighborhoods. Dwayne has worked closely with local law enforcement to keep our neighborhoods safe while working with community organizations to solve the root causes of crime.
• Dwayne sponsored and co-sponsored legislation to:
• Improve access to mental health services statewide,
• Improve our juvenile justice system,
• Require more effective penalties for domestic abusers by requiring counseling and treatment in addition to fines and jail sentences,
• Make it easier for former non-violent offenders to get jobs and become productive citizens, and
• Support our local law enforcement agencies."